domingo, 10 de mayo de 2015

Catching up

I rested again on Friday but completed my 5 runs on Saturday and Sunday.

Saturday evening at 5:35 p.m. I headed out to the conservatory and I did 6 laps there and tracked every 2k, so 12:34,12:05,11:41, then accelerated even more from the conservatory to home and really hammered the last 400s to finish in 50:45 for 8.5k. Felt really good and fresh.

This morning I woke up at 6:30 a.m. and headed out at 7:00 a.m. with my father to the conservatory an did the same route as yesterday( its rare to do the same route everyday for me -_-)Ha! I started the run almost crawling and was tired from yesterday, as I have said, I dont tolerate to run only 12 hours apart, especially in the afternoon and in the next morning, its easier for me to run early in the morning and run in the afternoon on the same day, that way I feel fresh in the afternoon run, but when I run like I did yesterday , I dont know if its the sleep, but I start too tired, luckily after 2 painful first laps, I loosened it up and felt better and sped up a bit, was not sufficient to not run that slow. I did 53:44 for today´s 8.5k. 3 mins slower than yesterday afternoon (13 hours ago). I knew what was coming and I decided to run with the watch on time of day, it would have been very hard to look at that slow pace during the run. It was good to look at it at the end, and get mad in my house when run was over!! Easy pace dont matter much, but its a matter of ego I think!!

5 runs this week, it seems that I have a lot of weeks running minimum 5 times per week, the volume is not very high, but I am getting better at it, I ll incorporate longer runs and faster runs, but my right ankle is giving my problem so I am looking carefully at it.

Have a great Sunday!! This afternoon I ll espectate Gatorade 10k where my brother is running it. I am not in 10k shape now, but I ll race a 5k next weekend. Dont expect much as all my runs have been easy runs basically, but I ll test the legs a bit and see what happens!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario