sábado, 26 de marzo de 2016

Couple of easy runs

Yesterday I almost stayed in bed, I was being lazy, I could not run in the evening like I am used to, because We were going to the swiming pool for the day. At 6:45 a.m. We headed out to the mirador, my brother, my father and myself. My brother was doing a time trial so I had to lend him my watch so another watchless run for me, I had planned an easy run so no problem.

I ditched them early, beacuse they were running very slow for myself, I did not do a proper stress workout this week so nothing to recover from so no big deal to run faster than my normal recovery pace (tired from workous), I felt good and did 9k easy, for the last 3k I slowed down so that We could get home together, but with 200s or so to go my brother told me lets sprint to home, and I said " ok" and We gradually increased speed, but I was letting him dictate the pace, when I saw that He was all out, I accelerated and passed, then I switched one more geat to keep distance, I won this time, and I was running with the short stride possible, I could increase my range of motion, but not sure if that would have helped increase pace. Then We were both huffing and puffing, and I regretted to have run like that, because that short sprint could give me problems in the upcoming runs ( sore quads). 9k easy untimed.

Today My father and I got to the conservatory at 7:20 a.m. to do a short run, I was planning to do only 7.5k easy, so 5 laps in the conservatory, no more laps like in the previous Saturdays that have been compromising my Sunday tempo runs, but hey I think that sprint I did yesterday will sabotage my workout nonetheless. Either way, I ll do my workout, probably it will feel like a struggle like on Sunday, but maybe not, I ll definetily give it a try.

This time wore my watch and got there in 7:52, and the 5 laps looked like this: 6:29,6:18,6:21,6:19,6:14, it seems that I was starting to warm up in the last lap, then back home with my father to complete th 7.5k in 47:58. Nice easy run , but sore from yesterday`s sprint.

Another thing that I have been told lately,is that I have lost a lot of weight, I look myself leaner, but I have not weighed myself since January 1st and wont till Jan 1st, 2017. We will see how that plays out, it things that its working, but I have improved my diet and I am training hard( without workouts), so that is helping a ton.

I would expect my running times to be faster, but its not the case. No biggies I am enjoying the process a lot, and I think that is the most important thing, if I keep doing this, big things will come.

Hope you have a great Holly Saturday! Tempo run tomorrow!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario