jueves, 19 de mayo de 2016

Another mantainance run

Today I got out running at 7:20 p.m. without a watch again, and I just went by feel, wanted to run easy pace, and I ran easy pace, but slightly faster than my normal pace, even sometimes I would increase the pace in the flat terrain without losing form or mechanics, even with the breathing under control. I did 6 laps in that fashion in the conservatory and did some more to complete what I believe was a 7.5k run.

For fun I asked my brother to time one lap, because He said I was running fast, oh yea right!! the result for that lap was 5:42, and I think that it was one of my slowest laps of today, by that point I was starting to get tired, not because of the pace or the run itself, but tired from the day I think. Even, when I finished the run I felt very tired, the walk from conservatory to home was a struggle.

I drank a lot of water when I got home and that seemed to solve the problem because right now the time is 12:31 a.m. and I am still awake posting this.

In regards to the run, I say that it was a good run, felt veyr smooth during the run and felt good, ran 30+ secs faster per lap than my normal easy pace. But as I was telling my brother, its best to run either easy or hard, no in no man`s land. That way you dont improve a lot, dont get me wrong if you do sufficient mileage at that steady state pace, the aerobic development is great, but if you do that on a short run that could be run at tempo pace or can be fractionated in intervals, then its not optimal in my opinion.

7.5k at a good clip without a watch!!

Have a great night!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario