viernes, 13 de mayo de 2016

Catching up

Tuesday- I ran with my coachee Virkin, and I wanted her to run a 5k PR so I was going to pace her to do sub 29:45 for 5k(5 laps in the conservatory) which is very doable for her. I told her that We were going to run sub 31 mins, but in the back of my mind I planned to run each lap sub 6 mins (ub 30 mins for 5k). So We warmed up for 10 mins, then We did 5 laps, the splits were: 6:07,5:58,5:56,5:55,5:13, I finished in 29:11 and She finishd in 29:28, after the firs lap I wanted to speed up a little bit, but without causing too much pressure on her, I told her to follow me in the first 3 laps and run as She pleased in the last 2 laps.

By the last lap I told her to ran with all She had left, She built a gap on me in the first 400s of the lap, then I matched the gap and accelerated to motivate her, the last lap She ran it in 5:28.

I am happy for her, but I advised her a couple of tips since She does make a couple of mistakes spending unnecesary energy.

After that We did 2 laps for cooling down and called it a day after 8.3k.

Wednesday- I wanted to run very easy and ran with Juan. I did not take splits, but for 7.5k or a bit more I did 52 mins. We started the run very slow and gradually increased the pace, by the couple of laps I was running at the slower end of my easy pace range.

Felt really good and easy on Wednesday. Juan did 6.5k or so, last week He did less than 3k, so He was much better today.

Thursday and today (Friday) I did not run, because I ate out with some friends and these days I am not running in the predawn, just because I am not used to it anymore, so I rested instead, lazy I know, but I am planning on running 5-6 times per week, so missing two runs and running in the weekend equals 5 runs so not a big deal!

Have a great Friday!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario