lunes, 9 de mayo de 2016

Catching up

Friday was an after work run with my friend Juan. At 7:25 p.m. We headed out to the conservatory  easy, but after the big hill (within the first 500s) I dropped him and left him behind. I did 6 laps and 90 secs more to finish 7.5k or a bit more with splits being 6:35 the first one and 6:10 the last one, kept the effort easy.

Saturday I took the day off.

Sunday ran with my brother at 4:00 p.m., kind of early for an evening run, but thats the best window I could fine, I did not motivate myself to run in the morning, my father still injured and heading out in the morning alone is not as motivating as when I run with him. I ran without the watch, tried to do a fast lap, but only got to the 1+ min point,before continuing easy. Did 6 laps again plus 1:45 to finisht the 50 mins, yea! that run was very slow, but the run was easy for the most part.

5 runs past week!

Today after work I headed out with my brother again at 7:05 p.m. at an easy pace, I did 6 laps there and 9 seconds to finish the 7.5k in 44:30, yea! I pushed the pace faster than my normal pace on this one, ran 3 mins + faster than my normal time on this route. The reason was simple, I felt somewhat good, and did not have a reason to run that easy, because I did not have anything to recover from, another reason was a kid pushing the pace wanted to race with us, He passed us just entering the conservatory, but We keep him in site, after a couple of laps I started to increase the pace to gain on him, I gained on him, before He sped up again to build another gap, this time around I realized that He wanted to race, so I kept him in site, then as He sensed that I was approaching He would speed up again to maintain the gap or even build a bigger gap, but I told to myself that as I was more experienced I would kill him with his own tricks, shorly after I increased effort and pace really and purposely, passed him very hard, and after I made the pass, He accelerated, then I sped up even more to build a gap, I wanted to break him as I thought He was tired, kept putting the pressure and increasing the effort, this lap came for me in 4:56, then I tried to increase effort, but suddenly He passed me by the right side and I was running very hard then, He was floating, and I decided that enough was enough, let him go, I think He ran one more lap before stopping, I had 1 lap remaining also, but He vanished ahead while I ran easy trying to recover. Splits for 6 laps were 6:18,6:00,5:45,5:23,4:56,5:59. ah! my brother just did 3 laps and headed home, I would have liked that He would participate in that little competition!

I must admit that that kid really ran very good, I am terrible at increasing effort suddenly, I explode like a baloon, I would rather to go out at a pace and hold it, maybe I need to try to man up and discipline my workouts, and stop racing with those kids ( or people in general) in training, but sometimes you have to enjoy yourself and remind yourself why you do this, instead of eating doritos and watching tv.

It was a fun run today!

Have a great start to the week!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario