lunes, 23 de mayo de 2016

Not much to catch up

I did not run on Friday or Saturday, Friday was planned, Saturday life got in the way. But I was back in the wagon on Sunday.

At 5:00 p.m. I went out to the conservatory for another watchless run because my brother was using it. I did 6 laps at an easy pace there, and then did 1 stride to test the turnover a bit and for fun. I ran a total of 7.5k. Felt awful the first 3 laps, then kind of loosened up and felt pretty good by the end.

                   This is me and my poor form lol! doing the 100s stride that I mentiond

7.6k or so for the day and 4 runs past week, not what I wanted, but I will take it.

Today I went out at 7:00 p.m. and I did 6 laps plus 90 secs, splits for todays run were 8:05 to get to the conservatory, then 6 laps in 6:27,6:22,6:19,6:12,6:11,5:56. Then 90 secs to finish the what I think was 7.5k in 47:26.

The heat is horrible, I was sweating in the first km like a pig and when I finished I looked like I just went out off a pool. The effort was still easy and I felt good.

I was talking with some female friends there, and they asked with I was doing a monster challenge or something like, those challenges were you climb ropes, walk through mud, etc. I tell her that I dont practice for those thing, but I might try it because you have to vary from time to time. As I post this, I am thinking in doing it. As soon I ll start hitting the gym, maybe those strength contests or ability contest appeal me more, so I might try it. The date that the miss gave me was July 17th. They told me that that is the event that they are training for.

Maybe I can take up a different challenge besides running.

Have a great night!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario