sábado, 6 de agosto de 2016

Catching up and salvaging a bad week of training

On Wednesday I did not run, because I have a friend coming over and I was not in the mood to run at 9 p.m. so I skipped, the plan there was to run all the ramaining days of the week t get my 5 runs for the week.

On Thursday I headed out running at 7:25 p.m without a watch, set myself to do 7.5k easy, but as soon as I went out I was feeling very weak and low in energy, was going to complete my run nonetheless, but when I had 4 laps in the park I decided to pul the plug and called it a day. The heat was horrible and my envergy levels were worse, sometimes you got to be smart, so did 5.5k total watchless.

On Friday I did not run because like Monday the whole evening raining, it did not worth risking an injury given that the sidewalks were very slippery on my way to the conservatory, so I decided to skip it.

Today  again the whole day raining, but just at 5 p.m. the rain stopped and took advantage of that window and the weather to get my run in. I had planned to do 7.5k , so 5 laps in the conservatory and back, but that changed because I was feeling great, as opposed to Thursday, I decided to do 3 more laps than planned.

I did around 10.6k in 65:07. Got to the conservatory in 7:41, then 8 laps in 6:21,6:15,6:11,6:04,6:04,6:03,6:01,6:05, then ran 48 seconds before going out , then did 6:57 from the conservatory till home. Felt really good today and the weather helped inmensely. Nothing compared as Thursday. Of course, I did not work today, as opposed to Thursday where I had 10 hours of work under my belt, but some days you have it, some days  you dont.

A guy that often runs in the park passed me just before the halfway in my 1st lap and He lapped me on my 3rd lap, at the end of my run I wanted to stop there and talk to him, ask him if He was a runner or something, its rare to see someone that fast in the park, that that was the reason I ran 48 more seconds before leaving the park, when I saw the He had left, I turned around and went home.

I am happy that I could run more than 10k, of course I was totally rested, because of my lack of training this week. Tomorrow I want to get my run in early and salvage a week that started not so well.

I ll have to start incorporating fast workouts, because I want to do a 5k race in 4 weeks.

Have a great Saturday!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario