sábado, 13 de agosto de 2016

Catching up

This is going to be short and sweet. I had not have the time to post.

Thursday after work, I started to run at 6:50 p.m.  and decided to run somewhat fast when I was on my way to the conservatory, as soon as I entered the park I started to increase the pace till tempo pace, and the run basically was a tempo progression run, as the run progressed I decided that I wanted to break the 42:50s that I have been doing in the 7.5k when I increase pace.

This time I looked splits to see where I was at per lap, did not want to over do it, but did want to make an honest effort, did 5 laps and back home for a total of 7.5k. Total time was 41:06, wanted to run sub 41 mins, but I was very tired by the end and did not want to turn this into a race, of course I could have run faster, but not the purpose of tempo runs.

Splits were 7:44 to get to the park, then 5 laps in 5:26,5:21,5:14,5:13,5:02, 6:31 to get home. Feeling better and better at these paces, but of course a lot of work to do.

Friday was an off day.

Today I started my run at 7:50 a.m. and the plan was to run easy, as I was stil tired from my tempo run, did not look at the watch and just ran easy, 5laps to the conservatory and back home to run 7.5k in 46:59.

As I post this I am checking the splits and were: 7:48 to get to the park, then 5 laps in 6:21,6:25,6:15,6:16,6:14, then 7:06 to get home, total time 46:59, feeling good and easy.

Tomorrow is going to be an easy run, and I ll add some strides in there!

Have a great Saturday!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario