domingo, 7 de agosto de 2016

Finishing the week on a good note

Today I slept in more than I would have liked. But, at 9:10 a.m. I got dressed and headed out to the conservatory to finish up my week of running. I thought that I was going to be very tired, and when I started I felt tired, but as soon as I warmed up (that was quickly because today the sun was shining hard), I felt better and better, but still a bit tired.

I felt that today`s run flew by very quickly, as lately I did not look at the watch and ran at an easy effort, though I must admit that I was in chase mode for the last 2 laps, of course I kept the effort very controlled. The finishing time was way faster than I thought when I saw the watch as soon as I finish.

I did 7.5k in 45:25, with splits of 7:47 to get to the park, then did 5 laps in 6:14,6:09,6:09,5:50,5:39, then from the conservatory to home did 7:03. I was surprised by the splits, it seems that I have improved, but of course you got to measure progress on stress workouts, not easy runs, and I am only doing short tempos.

Very happy to have finished my running on a good note, although I only ran 4 times this week, I think I came back very good at the end of the week. I am enjoying running very much, even when I am not near my best shape from several years ago. I might get there again, I might not, the sure thing I can do is try!

Have a great Sunday!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario