viernes, 4 de mayo de 2018

Catching up

Yesterday I headed out to do my run at 10 something am with the weather in 12 celcius or so. Before the run I had planned to run easy, but just before starting I just said to myself, why not do a tempo run? you are pretty much recovered from the longer run that you did on Monday, I said to mayself. This time I wanted to do my tempo run a bit more structured and do the warm up outside of the actual run because I have been pretty much warming up inside of the tempo, this time I wanted to do it as a normal structured workout. I warmed up 8 mins, those are the 8 mins that I do after I come here to Guadalupe, but this time I do them at the beginning to warm up.

The warm up was 8:20 or so and I incorporated a couple of 50m accelerations to loose the legs a bit. Then the run started and I started way faster tan normal because of the warm up. I relaxed as much as I could when I ran down the first big down hill that on the way back its a big uphill. However, when I got to the first intersection and had a time of 8:48, I had to stop because of the traffic. I had forgotten that detail. Other times I had been lucky and casually when I was crossing the Street, the lights were Green for me. This time around it was not the case and I had to stop. Then when the lights changed to Green I started running hard again, but my legs were stiff and my motivation was not the same, I was so focused on the task at hand that stopping was never an option, so at that point I decided to just run easy the rest of the way. After that I continued easy till the halfway poing in 15:31, and I was very surprised, How its  posible that after the first 9 mins I just ran easy and basically at the halfway poing at was running at the pace of my normal tempo runs, so after the halfway I just decided to trow another interval of 7 mins at a very good pace, but still controled.

I did that to salvage something of the workout and it worked pretty well. After those 7 mins I was tired and it was time to climb the big up hill, as son as I climbed the big hill easy, I decided to do one more surge of around 3 mins at a strong pace. Came here in Guadalupe in 30:42, so basically doing cruise intervals I was just 54 seconds off my previous time in the tempo. I have to admit that after the 7 min interval I had to stop for around 30-45 seconds to catch my breath and I stopped the watch. All in all I stressed the system and today I am a bit sore, so I could salvage something. Next time I know that I have to do continous tempos on weekends when the traffic is much more calmed.


Today it was time to do an easy run so I sent  a message to a female fellow runner, the one that I ran last Thursday, Her name is Katherine, We met at 10:15 a.m. sometimes its hard to run solo. We headed out easy (not that easy for her) and did my bread and butter route. This time She ran much longer tan last time. We crossed the halfway point in 17:45,and We hit the 20 min mark I congratulated her, not a lot of people run 20 continuous mins on her second run after years off. She has cross fit and gym experience and have run in the gym. However, I know that if she start trianing seriously She could get far away in the sport.

In the second half She was faltering and I kept encouraging, She decided to stop when We had 28:26, just in the bottom of the bighill. At that time I had been running easy, but as son as I leave the Company I felt tired and the legs were a bit sore from yesterday. Anyway, I finished my normal route in 43:50. Got here in Guadalupe in 35:35, so even Split, eventhough I think We slowed down a lot in the second half.

The weather was at 9 degrees today so these days have been with the hat and windbreaker.

Felt good, but a bit tired and ran with another runner which is a win/ win. I helped her with her training and She helped me to run with Company and to keep the effort easy.

Have a great Friday!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario