viernes, 11 de mayo de 2018

Easy run with a friend

Today I continued with my throat sore, but again, as I did not have problems in other áreas I did run. Today I ran at 10:30 a.m. with my fellow runner friend, Katherine. I ran with her last Friday and ran today again. It seems that its going to be a weekly run as long as We stay here. Its good to run with Company, today I was not motivated to get out the door, but when you run with someone its much easier.

We started out easy, We always start out faster tan my esay pace, but then the pace is controlled by me  lol. I kept the effort easy and when you run with someone the pace feels much easier tan solo, so I think that is an advantage of training solo.

We crossed the halfway point at the same exact time than last week in 17:45, but this time We kept the pace and even took advantage of the downhills on the way back. She did the same route as last week, last time She stopped just before the big uphill in 28:26, this time We crossed in 27:51 and She ran a bit in the uphill then She stopped 30 seconds later, but today I could notice that She was much stronger in the second half. In the first half She seemed tired, but once She warmed up She could do fine. Good job !

After She stopped the tiredness caught of to me, I did not feel too well today, especially in the second half, felt low in energy, but I continued to finish my run nonetheless. I came back in Guadalupe in 34:55, so it was a huge negative Split and the pace was very easy for me eventhough I did not feel optimal. It seems that I am improving. However, I need to include more stress workouts in my Schedule.

In the last 3 mins of my run I incorporated 2 strides because my right shin was starting to bother me, those strides did wonder to my effort, I felt much better when I did them. Finished my run in 42:52.

Felt good at the end and happy to have run! Happy Friday!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario