jueves, 24 de mayo de 2018

Maintainance run with a fast finish

Yesterday I took the day off because I had to prepare a presentation for the Master.

Today I ran at 11:00a .m. and was not motivated at all, but you have to do what you have to do. Surprisingly once I started running I felt very good and the legs felt very fresh, I wanted to run pretty easy, but I felt so good that I have to let my body guide me and I ran a bit faster tan normal, but keeping the effort easy and controlable. Weather was around 20 Celsius, perfect running weather!

I glanced at the watch at the halfway and it read 17:08, then increased pace a bit effort feeling pretty good, got back here to Guadalupe in 33:31, I felt much better than the 33:54, that I did on Tuesday, running is like that. Then I started to do the math in my head, if I do X I ll run sub 41 mins, that is the danger of the watch, but since I dont have nothing to recover from and felt good I went with it, I finished the run in 40:43. Last 500m or so were in 2:12, pushed the pace a lot, but without losing my form, I honestly thought that I can run in 2 mins or less for the last 500m, it seems that I am in bad shape anaerobically. Last segment was in 7:12 or so. When I downed the 8 beers in the night party of this residence,  I ran 40:40 the next morning and felt more controlled than today, so that means that beer is fuel? haha

In the end I felt pretty good, but the last 500m fast really took out my breath, but overall I felt good. Tomorrow easy running with strides and on Saturday I ll go to Valencia to visit my brother , is his birthday, wait a minute, We are twins so its my birthday too :).

We will run together on Sunday and He is planning a tempo run, We will see if I can follow his pace, He is in better shape since He is doing stress workouts.

Have a great Thursday!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario