miércoles, 3 de octubre de 2018

200m Intervals

Yesterday the plan was to do 12 x 200m fast with 200m recovery. I did not know the exact pace that I wanted to run on these, because I have not done mesured repeats in over 1.5 years. The last time I did repeats like that was on the dirt track close to Guadalupe in Madrid, but I dont know the exact distance so that does not count.

I warmed up 1 mile incorporating 3 strides fast to get used to the fast I would run during the workout. The first 3 repeats felt fast, I could manage the speed, but felt that I could not lose any second, I mean that felt fast. What in the past would have felt like a controlled speed, today felt like a " stride" controlled speed, but fast. However, after the 4th repeat I started to feel better and the speed felt "easier".

The majority of the repeats were in the 48-49 seconds, the 10th and the last one were in 46 and 45 seconds respectively, and there were 3 repeats that I could not measure, because I never find the 200m sign, on these 3 I just stopped around 51-53 seconds, but that meant less recovery for the next one. I was doing 200m fast, then 200m jog and so on.

I really wanted to keep these repeats between 48-49, so my intention was not to do 46 or 45, but it is what it is. I have learned that its best to do workout controlled and not let it all in practice, that is what races are for. I need to apply that, because in the past my best races pretty much were in workouts.

Happy with the result, and even more happy with the way that I felt today. Felt strong the whole way. 1 mile to cool down. Total distance was around 8.2k or so. Weather was pretty good, around 24 Celsius with a very good breeze.

Today I ll rest from running but I ll get in some push ups! Have a great humpday! I ll go walking also!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario