lunes, 29 de octubre de 2018

Progressive "Long run"

Yesterday (Sunday) after watching the Valencia half marathon I was motivated for evening run, which is not always easy to do a longer run in the evening on the weekends, but I was motivated and one hour was moved, so what looked like 6:50 p.m. look 7:50 p.m., so I ate at 2 p.m. and started my run just before 5 p.m., I ate pasta so that digested quickly, I did not have stomach problems whatsoever.

The plan for today was to run 12k , the first 6k easy and the last 6k progressive (sub 6 mins per km), but never going tempo pace or faster. Then within the run I decided to run the 7k easy  and the last 5k progressive, the reason is that I am not used to run 12k easy and its not the time to throw some quality for half the distance, its better to be conservative tan to seek injury.

The weather was great, it was around 15 degrees when I started and around 12 degrees when I finished, perfect weather for running. I have to be honest, I felt pretty good during the whole run and the faster segment was very managable, the only problem was that in my right foot Little finger I have a rash, and it bothered me for a big part of the first 6k, I had to accomodate the stride, so that the pain/bothering was not big. After the half I could run no problem, but after the run I felt my outside part of my right calf soreand I am feeling it today.

The splits of the run were as follows, I dont have a gps so these splits are out of my memory:

6:57 (around 6:37 because this km is longer)
6:25 (13:22)
6:18 (19:43)
6:15 (25:58)
6:16 (32:14)
6:15 (38:29)
6:14 (44:43)
The last 5k progressive start here:
5:44 (50:26)
5:44 (56:10)
5:33 (61:43)
5:21 (67:04)
5:35 (This is the same 1st km, a bit longer), total time for the 12k was 72:39, not too bad.

Last 5k in 27:56, not too bad consideting that I aimed for 29 mins or so.

I felt pretty good at the end, but I knew that I would be somewhat tired today and I am, I have my right calf sore as I said and feel somewhat tired. I would do 40 mins very easy today to see if I can get my Interval sesión tomorrow.

On Sunday I Will do the same 12k, but easy, I cannot do those progressive every week, it is just too much for me right now, I just wanted to see how I felt after Friday`s Tempo run.

I bet the weather helped a ton as well, anyway, 12k in the bank and 6 runs this past week, hope that my running continues to do well.

Have a great start to the week!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario