domingo, 7 de octubre de 2018

5k Tempo run + 4 x 200m

Yesterday my brother and I went to the Turia Park at 6:50 p.m. to do our workout. We were doing different workouts this time. I was doing a 5k tempo plus some 200m repeats to loosen legs a bit. He was doing 3 x 1k, 3 x 400m and 2 x 200m.

We warmed up together 1 mile (11 mins or so) very easy, then I went ahead with my workout. During the tempo run I felt pretty good, but after the halfway point I could feel my left calf getting tight, with about a mile to go, it started bothering I thought that I had to stop. Luckily, it decreased and I could complete the 5k tempo. In the last mile the focus shifted from the effort, to the leg and I think that it helped to felt confortable, to be honest, the last mile I felt pretty good and I evaluated my effort and I could continue that pace for several kms, something I clearly could not do weeks back, it seems that I am progressing nicely and I have lost  weight, when I was stretching I saw my leg leaner, so I am heading the right direction I guess.

Splits per km were 5:10, 5:14 (10:24), halfway in 12:58, 3rd km in 5:08 (15:32), 5:10 (20:42), 5:11(25:53) so finished the 5k in 25:53, felt pretty good and strong. Jogged 400m to recover, then started 4 x 200m with 200m recovery. Splits for the 200s were 45,45,46,45. I was surprised with these splits since on Tuesday I really was turning the legs over fast to do 48-49, but at the same effort this time around I could run faster, of course today there were only 4 repeats, and the last time were 12 repeats, but I had 5k of threshold work today. After that I stretched a bit and waited for my brother to do the mile cool down at a very easy pace. I am very pleased with how I felt and how this workout went, felt pretty strong and the left calf at the end calmed down, I can feel it a bit tight now though, I hope that it keeps that way or dissapear, but I really dont want to get injured again when I see myself improving my performance. Weather was pretty good also, I bet that it has helped to run faster in the last couple of weeks.

This evening easy running to recover and absorb this workout!

Have a great Sunday!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario