lunes, 22 de octubre de 2018

Solid week of training despite raining

I was going to do an Interval workout on Saturday, but at the same time that I would be running it started raining, by the time I met with my brother and We were about to start the workout it was raining decently. I decided to do the tempo run He was doing, He was doing a 13k tempo at 5:30 per km pace, since the roads were very wet and the dirt was wet and slippery, I decided to skip the Interval and do part of the tempo with him. The plan was to do a 10k tempo in 55 mins or a bit less, I wore a wind breaker for the rain and it was a bad decisión.

 We started at 5:50 p.m. and We warmed up 1k, I warmed up a bit more, then We started the  Threshold run, When I hit the halfway point I felt very hot and was soaking wet of sweat, I could feel the sweat litteraly running under my wind breaker  at 5.4k I decided to take it off and run with it in my hand, I felt much better and fresh, but I was very thirsty, just after the 6k Danilo passed me back and I tried to remain in contact, after the 7k I felt somewhat dizzy  and decided to stop the threshold at 44:30, crossed the 8k in 44:08, so at my goal pace, but I was somewhat frustrated because the way I felt, maybe I dehydrated myself with the extra layer, with high humidity, I wore that wind breaker because of the rain and thought that it was going to be cold, I was wrong, it was around 22-23 degrees Celsius with around 90% humidity. I burried myself. Splits were 5:31, 5:35 (11:06), 5:31 (16:37), 5:29 (22:06), 5:26 (27:32), 5:27 (32:59), 5:34(38:33), 5:35 (44:08), stopped the watch at 44:30. Then stopped for 20-25 seconds and then started a 2k+ cool down.

I hit the goal pace, but in the last km I hit that time in the flat (since the previous 3-4k were with Rolling hills), I knew that I was done, I could have finished the 10k for sure, but the effort would be very high, We have to save those for races. Total distance was around 7 miles (11.2k).

Anyway, a workout is a workout. My brother did 11k in 60:12.

On Sunday, I decided to step up my 45-50 mins recovery runs and do 60 mins easy of running. The reason was to add extra for the day that I miss on Thursday and for the incomplete workout from yesterday. Of course, the intensity was easy.

At 5:50 p.m. We headed out to the " Churchill" and did that segment in 15:57, my brother had built a gap in the first 1.2k or so, I told him to go, that I would not speed up more than the pace I was running, because I felt a bit tired, luckily I felt better and better as the run went on.

Then We ran to the "Mirador" (other part of the Turia that is not the "Churchill"), ran till We had 38:00 and turned back so by the point We started We would have 60 mins. I turned around and my brother again passed me, I decided to stay at that effort, it was a recovery run and I had been running 6:20 per km pace, when I hit one in 6:17, I decided to slow it down to 6:20 per km again. I felt pretty good at that pace and finished very strong when the 60 mins finished. Around 9.4k or so.

5 runs this week, due to an extra missed run on Thursday! Life happens!

I Will do the Interval workout tomorrow!

Have a great start to the week!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario