lunes, 15 de octubre de 2018

Interval workout and finishing up a solid week of training

On Saturday evening, at 6:30 p.m. I did my Interval workout in the Turia Park. I was not so sure of what I would do, if 6-8 x 400m , or 3 x 1000m, 2 x 400m and 2 x 200m, I finally decided for the latter.

I warmed up around 2k, ran 1.4k and then ran some more around where I start the repeats. For that kind of workout you gotta be warmed up, not like tempos where you basically warm up inside the workout.

Anyway, the workout started and went out the first 200m right where I wanted to be in 54 seconds, I pretty much kept that pace/effort and finished the 1st 1000m in 4:31. I felt good, but the turnoever was a bit quicker, but in the next intervals the legs got loose and I could run faster no problem,

Recovered after the 1st repeat, 3:50 or so at a very easy pace, then the second Interval started, I was running faster on this one, so I had to dial back a bit, finished in 4:25, very satisfied with the effort. Rested 3:50 and the last 1000m started in this one I crossed the first 500 in 2:11,so I tried to maintain the same speed and finished in 4:24. So 1000s were in 4:31,4:25,4:24. I really liked that progression, eventhough I was getting more tired. The breathing was labored, but at least I could keep pace.

After that jogged 3:50 and the 2 x 400s started, those were in 1:36, 1:39. Rested for 200m between those one, I was really surprised with that 1:36. I had a lot of years that I did not hit a Split like that.Honestly dont remember the last time I went down from 1:40, so very happy about that.

After the 400s jogged for 200s and then started the 2 x 200s, my legs were very tired from those were in 47 and 44.94 seconds. I really wanted to hammber the last one without losing my form, in races you have to finish fast so that is what I tried to simulate.

Cooled down for around 12 mins, total distance was around 9-9.5k, not bad. Weather was in 25 degrees with a lot of humidity.

I feel that I am improving pretty good, each week feeling better and better and improving on stress workouts eventhough my easy days are really easy, just to recover from workouts, but that is working.

Yesterday I did my run at 7:00 p.m. because I had to wait for a while becuase when I was getting dressed it was raining pretty hard, I was committed to do my run no matter what, in fact, when I was walking to the Turia Park it was pouring, but once I got there before starting my run, the rain stopped.

The goal for yesterday was to run 45 mins at an easy pace just to recover. I felt a bit tired but really good, kept the pace and effort very easy and just enjoyed my run. Ended up running 46:12 for 7+k. My fastest km was 6:26, I was a bit annoyed because I really want to see splits close to 6 mins per km at the same effort, but I dont alter my effort when I see a slow Split. Easy runs are for recovery and if you want to run faster then dont be a lazy and push on your workouts when the going get tough! Weather was much cooler than Saturday, it was around 17-19 Celsius and it got dark just after the halfway point. Anyway, felt pretty good on this run.

Another 6 runs this week, feeling pretty good, the calf is behaving pretty well and has allowed me to train very consistently in the last 6 weeks. This is my 5th week of 6 runs. Again, I dont remember the last time I did just that.

Today I another easy run, and tomorrow a 5k tempo with some 200s.

Have a great start to the week!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario