viernes, 5 de octubre de 2018

Easy runs plus 1k fast in 4:07

I rested on Wednesday. However, I did 4 x 15 and 1 x 10 sets of push ups, so I am clearly progressing on that regard, I think that has helped a lot my running.

On Thursday I had planned for 50 mins of easy running to keep absorbing the 200m repeats. At 6:50 p.m. I ran with my brother in the Turia park and did just that, 50 mins with the firs km that I measured in 6:23, so the pace was pretty easy, We turned around when the watch had 20:30 and came back where We started in 39:53, so I did more than a min of negative Split, effort was the same though, We warmed up and loosened up nicely in the second half. My brother came back in 39:29, He built a gap on me that I could not nor wanted to bridge. This was an easy run so the purpose was clear. Completed the 50 mins.

After my 50 mins, I dranked wáter and waited for my brother because He was running 80 mins yesterday, He was running with a coworker and his coach, when they came back they invited me to do a test, so out of cortesy, did not want to turn down the offer, since I am following my own training plan, anyway, I went.

The test consisted in 1k fast, but before that We would do the same 1k route but an easy pace. So thats what We did, I told to myself to not run all out. So the 1k fast started and my brother and his coworker went ahead, I started fast but at a controlled pace, I tried to maintain my pace and in the last 200m I sped up, finished the 1k in 4:07, I was gaining on my brother who did 4:00, He just went out too fast, the coworke did 3:52.  I dont remember the last time I did 4:07 in a km, maybe more than 5 years, I would say more than 6 years without running that time in 1k.

It seems that I am improving as I am training consistently and eating healthy and Smart, so leaner. The weather is helping a ton also, so I would take that. That effort was not anywhere full effort, but it was an honest effort, I just did not want to screw my Saturday tempo run. Plus I had done 12 x 200s just 2 days prior, did not want to play with fire. All in all, it was fun, that 1k reminded me when my brother and I raced the mile back in 2007-2009.

Today I walked a lot  I would say I walked around 10k, because early this morning I went to get my DNI( Long process, but I fianally did it), then went to my brother`s work, then at 2:30 p.m. came back to brother`s work and to get to the Turia park and back, that would total around 10k of walking, so more calories burned.

Today my brother and I ran 40 easy mins, I did not see the splits today since I wanted to keep things pretty easy, because I want to do a tempo run tomorrow, nothing too crazy, just tempo effort 25:50s maybe for 5k, then a couple of 200m repeats to loosen up.

Anyway, back to today`s run it was the same as yesterday, We started pretty easy and in the second half We loosened up and without wanting it, ran 1+ min faster in the second half, We turned around again in 20:30, and got back in 39:54 myself and 39:47 my brother. Completed the 40 mins.

I felt pretty good today, a bit tired from yesterday`s fast km, but generally felt pretty good and mentally felt that this run flew by. The weather was pretty good also.

Have a great Friday!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario