martes, 9 de octubre de 2018

Starting the week

I forgot to mention that on Sunday I finished another week with 6 days per week of running, the 4th in a row, I dont remember the last time I did something like that. Of course, now its more difficult since I am unemployed and I have more time. Whats better than running to spend your free time?

Anyway, Yesterday I did another easy run to recover from Saturday and at the same time prepare for today`s workout. I ran around 18 mins with my brother, then he turned around because He only was doing 35 mins, I opted for 45 mins, so I turned around when I had 23:00, and came back to the starting point in 45:06 or so, so mission accomplished. The pace was fairly easy around 6:20 and 6:15 per km, sometimes it feels unconfortable when you are running that pace and a lot of people passes you, holding back and paying attention to your own training is a test of patience also. You have to respect the easy days as your hard days. The weather was very rainy, when I finished the run it was pouring rain, so walking to my house would have been unconfortable, so I jogged one more mile to my house at a very easy pace, so I would say that I did around 8.5k total.

The weather is getting cold the last few days, right now as I type this is cloudy and the weather is in 20 Celsius, but since its cloudy it felt cooler.

Yesterday`s morning I also did push ups, 4 sets of 15 repeats and 1 set of 10 repeats, getting stronger in that regard, which I think has helped my running.

For this evening I am planning a tempo run but at a slower pace, maybe 8-10k. That would give me the mental strength and the added sustained threshold work. Plus my brother is doing 13k at 5:30 per km and want to help him a bit. Well I have not told him, but I want to cross the first km in 5:20 and after that evaluate my effort, if I felt good I keep that pace, if I dont feel that good I would slow down to his pace to run 5:30 per km, but honestly I am inclining more for the former.

As the last 2 days were pretty easy, I need to push some on today`s workout eventhough the distance is " long".

Running earlier today since its a public holiday here so We are planning to meet at 5:50 to start the warm up.

Another thing, the leg did not bother me at all yesterday, I could feel something there, but could run normally. We Will see how it behave today with the faster pace and with the cooler temperature.

Stay tuned!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario