jueves, 25 de octubre de 2018

Tuesday Interval workout

Finally on Tuesday evening I could muster my Interval workout.

I started running at 6:45 p.m. or so and warmed up for 15 mins (2.2k?), then started my planned Interval workout that was 4 x 1000m with a bit less than 4 mins to recover.

On the first repeat I tried to remain controlled, since its not an easy workout, I kept looking at my watch in the first 200m (55 secs), then 400m (1:50), 500m(2:18),I was pretty much where I wanted, a bit slow, but at a good effort, 800s came in 3:40, then the first 1000m came in 4:34, not too bad and I felt confortable, however, to keep the pace you have to be very focused at the task at hand and not let your mind wander too much. Recovered for 3:50 or so and then the next repeat started, I decided to not look at the watch during the repeats, just at the end of the repeat. The second one felt a bit more relaxed but not easier, came in 4:34.

After the second repeat I thought that I would stay at that range and it was ok with me, that is faster than 5k race pace at the momento and the goal for these workouts is 5k effort. I followed the same procedure of not looking at my watch during the repeat just at the end, and by the 3rd repeat the legs were starting to get tired, 3rd repeat came in 4:21, I was surprised with that one, but was very happy at the same time since I put the same effort as the others. 3:50 jog rest and the last one started, this one was that hurted the most, in the last 500m you are huffing and puffing a lot like a simphony and you have to keep good form, I tried my best  to not lose form nor decrease effot and I accomplished the goal, last one came in 4:20.

So 4 x 1000m in 4:34, 4:34, 4:21, 4:20 with 3:50 or so of jog recovery in between. After that walked around 100m before starting my cool down at an easy pace. I cooled down around 2.1-2.2k to the wáter fountain and did around 9.2-.9.5k total for the day. Not bad. The weather was pretty good and I am sure it helped.

I am very happy with this workout, I dont remember the last time I did those times in a structured 1000m repeats, I think I am progressing nicely, but this is a patience race, I need to keep training consistently and Smart.

Yesterday (Wednesday) was my rest day and I think I am eating a lot of garbage on my days off, I ll need to correct that if I want to be the best that I can.

This evening Will be an easy 50 mins run and Will try to do my tempo run tomorrrow instead of Saturday.

Have a great Thursday!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario