lunes, 21 de enero de 2019

Capping off a good week

On Saturday as I said my brother and I went to the port at 11 a.m. to do a 70 mins run, I wanted to do 60 mins, but as He was doing 70 mins and I am feeling pretty good, I decided to give it a go. The initial plan for me was to run easy the whole run, pretty much 6:15-6:30 per km pace which is my easy pace these days.

We hit the halfway (turn around point) in 28:22, much faster than last Satuday and We were feeling slower, at the beginning I felt a bit tired, maybe because this was my 5th run and this is the most frecuent I have run in  the last 6- 7weeks. Anyway, as the run passsed by I felt better and better. After the turn around my brother built a gap on me, but I stayed relaxed , He built around a 15 seconds gap, I felt pretty good but wanted to keep the effort easy. When I was approaching the 50 mins mark, I decided to do the last 20 mins of the run at marathon effort, after all, I dont have nothing to recover from nor I did have a workout planned for the day after, so wanted to push a bit.

As soon as I increased the pace I soon passed my brother and another old guy that had passed us before (They were running head to head), when I made the pass, my brother just went with me, but I built a bit of a gap on him, I was not Racing though, I was just running at marathon effort for the past 20 mins of the run, I dont have idea of marathon pace, but I just went slower than tempo pace, but faster than normal easy pace. In the last 3 mins I pushed a bit more and completed the 70 mins feeling pretty good.

The weather helped a ton and that view of the port helps a alot as well, I think We should do all of our long runs there, time just fly by there.

I did not have idea of pace, but when my brother uploaded his run on strava, the pace for the last 15 mins of this run was 5:37 per km, as I was going ahead I guess that my pace for the last 20 mins was 5:33 per km or so, I honestly thought that I was going faster, but I was just going confortable, and even the breathing felt better when I changed the pace, running is weird sometimes. The average pace for the whole run was 6:04 per km.

Felt really good, and I would like to do the long runs like that more often, because you really train yourself to run faster when tired, but the way that I organize my week, tempo runs are the day before long runs, so I have to do long runs easy, but I would like to do more long runs in progressive manner, I should ( at least in some weeks) to organize workouts better throughout the week.

On Sunday, my brother wanted to run in the morning again, so We headed to the park near my home at 9:00 p.m., the plan for today was an easy short run of 40 mins, We did 7 laps that took us 41:27. The pace was easy and the effort as well, good conversation, We were both sad when the run finished.

The weather was just pretty good, it was cold, but once you warmp, you dont even break a sweat. 6 runs this week which is the goal, I think that I have kept my fitness pretty well, I thought that I would have to start from the zero, but I could say that my fitness is close to where I left it at the end of November. We Will find out when I do a workout on Thursday or Friday, I am planning  tempo run to get back to workouts, there I Will realice if I have lost fitness or not.

Have  great start to the week!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario