sábado, 26 de enero de 2019

Longer run with "Fast " Finish

Today I ran with my brother and Jorge in the Port route, I am really liking that route. There is something in running in the running path of the beach tht is special, the views are great and the time just fly by.

We started the run at 11 p.m. very easy. The plan for today was to run 70 mins, first 50 mins and the last 20 mins at marathon effort (Slower than tempo pace and way faster than easy pace), I did not know if I was going to do the faster portion, because I felt very sore in the quads and I only did my tempo run on Thursday night, that would depend on how I felt, I felt really good and went with it.

So 50 mins easy with good conversation, but then it was time to work, I dropped my brother and Jorge, but Jorge encouraged my brother to go with me, and He did, He passed me like a bat and built a gap and never could caught him, ha. I completed the normal route in 56:44 (1:34 slower than last week).

My goal was to keep the same effort, but after the 10 mins, with 10 mins to go I pushed a Little bit more, but never straining, I think that I did a pretty good job in running at the correct effort. According to my brother`s GPS He ran ran the last 20 mins in around 5:20-5:22 per km, I finished 14 seconds back, so I was running 5:23-5:25 per km pace. I felt really good and felt better than last week and was faster also, so is a win/win. I stopped the run in 70:24. My brother stopped in 70:10. Jorge completed 60 mins of running, so kudos to him.

The weather was pretty good, around 10 Celsius,  and I felt pretty good overall. The only problema was when I stopped I felt very sore on the quads, but that is because of Thursday tempo run, it only bothered me when I stopped, during the run the soreness did not bother at all.

On the easy portion, We were slower than last week, but on the faster portion We were faster than last week, so good.

I really enjoy doing this runs in the port, but next week I am incorporating intervals and tempo runs again, so long runs Will be easy again, or maybe I Will rearrange my week, to do long runs with marathon effort in the last part. I really enjoy these long runs also, because you kind of divide up the run in your mind, thus is more enjoyable and run pass by quicker. Easy long runs last forever, lol.

Next week I want to ramp up to 80 mins long runs, once again.

Have a great Saturday!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario