domingo, 13 de enero de 2019

Yesterday 60 mins Easy run in the port with my brother

Yesterday I ran with my brother in the Port at 11 a.m., just as We did in the last Saturday. This time around I drank 2 glasses of beer the night before just to see how my body would react after 1.5 months without alcohol, wanted to see if I could still drink in moderation and if the beer itself  in moderation affects my running.

The answer is that it does not interfere with my running whatsoever, aside that it accelerate your digestión if you know what I mean, you  have to make sure you go to the bathroom before running. However, in regards to hangover or all that symptons that alcohol produces in excess, if you drink beer in moderation, moderation in alcohol is 2 drinks per day for men and 1 drink per day for women, according to a nutrition book that I read.

I do think that its too often to drink everyday, but I think you dont have to quit alcohol whatsover, and you can still drink 1-2 beers to socialize and it does not interfere at all with your training. I only drink beer though, dont drink any other alcohol, so I think that I Will keep drinking beer in moderation.

In the past I sometimes binged on beer, especially in social settings. However, I realized that I can control myself and stop after the second one, I understand that is not an easy thing to do and a lot of people prefer to stay way completely, because they cant just seem to stop after they start. I thought that I was the same way, but when you prioritize things such as health, well being and your training, it Will be easier to stop.

I ll still have my 1-2 beers once in a while. That all or nothing mentallity, its counterproductive sometimes.

Anyway, We just did the same route as last weel, but this week We did it in 56:47 and then decided to complete the 60 mins. Felt pretty good and relaxed, never really pushed the pace and conversation was good. At the beginning, I had stomach problems, dont know if it were the beer or the breakfast (Ham and cheese sandwich and a glass of whole milk) that I had 1.5 hours before the run. Felt really good and time flew by.

First half was in 28:54 and We did around 1 min negative Split. Weather was cold, around 5 Celsius or less, but once We were running it was all good and the sun was shining hard, good views as well!

We need to run more there!

Have a great Sunday!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario