viernes, 18 de enero de 2019

Catching up

On Wednesday my brother and I went to the Turia Park, its been almost  2 months since I was in the Turia Park. I think that the park close to home is very convenient for easy runs and had 1 month with virtually no running.

However, I felt that the time did no passed, felt like it was yesterday that I was there. Anyway, my brother was doind 1000m repeats, but I was just running easy. My inital plan was to run 45 mins, but decided to do 50 mins mid run because I knew my brother would last more tan an hour, and to wait in that cold is no funny. I had to wait for more than 25 mins though!

I did 50:03 and the pace was virtually the same as two months ago, and the effort also was very easy, it almost feels that I did not lose any fitness in that month with 2 runs. I attribute to that to the physical job, the cumulative training that I  have done in the last 4 months and losing around 8-10 pounds on top of the 20 pounds I had lost in the last 4 months.

The weather is helping a ton also, it almost feels like cheating to run in this weather, weather was around 12-13 Celsius, but felt cooler. My brother ran pretty good in his repeats. We probably Will race against each other on Feb 24th in a 5k race.

Yesterday I took the day off from running.

Today I almost miss the day also, because here was not power for afternoon and in the bathroom without power is pretty dark, plus no heater, so I was ready to skip the run. However, I tried some DIY, and restart the breakers and it worked, so right away I got dressed and went out to run with my brother to the Blasco park, which is the park close to my home.

The plan was to run short today, because as We have done the past 2 Saturdays, We plan to run in the port tomorrow morning around 11 a.m., so today We did 7 laps to the park and I completed the run in 40:02, feeling pretty good and easy. It was a cold day today,I even wore my hat and my windbreaker of course, these days, I am wearing my windbreaker everyday. My brother finished a bit ahead in 39:53. I felt pretty good and easy today!

Have a great Friday!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario