domingo, 23 de junio de 2019

80 mins morning "Long" run

Last night I drank 3 beers and went to bed after 3 a.m. because I was in a Latin Bar enjoying Latin music. Went to bed way later than planned, since I wanted to do my 80 min run at 8-9 a.m., but I had to move that to 10:45 a.m. when the sun is shining hard.

I did it with my brother and the plan was as I said 80 mins of easy running to start ramping up for the Valencia half marathon that I might run on October 27th, where my goal is to beat my PR ( the only one that I have run) of 1:51:46. I think is very doable with very good training and much better weather. I raced that half marathon in around 32 Celsius, this half marathon on October will be around 10-15 Celsius, perfect running weather, so no excuses. However, its a long event (at least for me) and anything can happen.

Anyway, We started easy and then as the run progressed our pace leveled out in 6:15-6:17 per km at a very conversational pace. The only problem was the heat, We got very thirsty by the end. We did 12.1k in 76:05 (38:18, 37:47), so negative split the run by a bit. Then completed the 80 mins, so my guess would be that our total distance for the day was around 12.7k.

I felt really fresh today, I thought that I was going to feel tired from yesterday`s tempo, but I felt very good, and its a good sign as I gauge my fitness as per I recover from workouts, not the workouts themselves.

Did not eat anything prior to this run and its 1:10 p.m. now and I have not eaten anything just yet, I usually do these long runs in the evening, but as I started working, I might spend my Sunday evening doing something else. It always feel good to get the run out of the way "early".

6 runs this week and around 55k total, not bad.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario