jueves, 20 de junio de 2019

Yesterday`s 10 x 400m interval workout

Yesterday I had a workout planned. My brother suggested 10 x 400m with 200m jog rest in between,I don't normally do 400m repeats as the main workout, but this time around as We raced on Sunday, it sounded like a good idea.

However, I was feeling very flat after work as usual, the workout from last week was an exception as I said. We started the workout at 7:10 p.m. with the sun shining hard and right there I knew that it was going to be a subpar workout. The legs just did not respond. but I just told myself to just give a good effort and try to keep good form. If I felt better in the last 2-3 repeats then do them faster.

I started the workout very slow, and kept it that way till the 5-6th repeat, the legs just would not respond. My breathing was pretty good though and I finished faster than I started which was the goal.

Splits for the 10 x 400m were :98 seconds, 99, 99, 96, 97, 94, 96, 95, 91 and 85. Those were the splits if my memory is correct, maybe not in that order from 6-8, but the same times. That 85 seconds at the end felt easier than it was. However, the only time that my legs felt better was in the cool down, which was 1.7k or so to complete a 9.6-9.8k day. Today it was a short day, I honestly wanted faster splits, but I was flat and better to run the appropriate efforts than strain especially when you are feeling bad. Weather was decent.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario