viernes, 7 de junio de 2019

Wednesday Interval session: 1 x 600s, 3 x 800s,4 x 400s, 2 x 200s

 On Wednesday I did the interval session with my brother. The real goal today for me was not pace, I wanted to feel good, strong and tomorrow feel like intervals on the past cycle, where I was tired, but not sore like I was the past week, pace was secondary.

The plan for today was 4 x 800m, with 400m recovery in between, then 4 x 400m with 200m jog recovery in between and 1 x 200m to complete 5k worth of interval running.

The plan went as planned, except for the first 800m turned into only 600m, due to a crowd of people starting " a race " in the Turia park, they had the path completely intercepted, my brother was going way ahead and He stopped the watch at 600m, so I followed through. After that I did the interval session as planned, but on the 3rd 800m repeat I had problems with the crowd as all the people were going in the tiny little running path of the Turia park.

I felt good and controlled in this session, did not struggle. However in the 400s and 200s I was tired, but could keep good form and finished the workout strong. What I did to make up the missed 200m of the first repeat was to add another 200m repeat at the end, so 2 x 200s after the 400s.

My brother aborted the planned workout after the 2nd repeat, within the first 400s of the 3rd repeat, He could not run with all that people, I made my way and could make a hole to pass, the rhythm was over the place though.

Splits were: 1 x 600m@2:30, 3 x 800m@ 3:24,3:22,3:14. 4 x 400m@ 93,90,92,90. 2 x 200m@ 42.10, 41.43.

I felt good, but I think that I have lost speed, I struggle to run those times in 200s, anyway, I think that is a good thing, so that I don't peak too early. It seems that my body was not adapted anymore last week with that month off of interval work. I write this on Friday and my legs feel pretty good, no soreness and pretty much how I felt after interval workouts, so my body is adapting quickly. I am happy with the splits, but I would like to run sub 4 mins per km already at the same effort. I will have to wait I think!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario