sábado, 15 de junio de 2019

Catching up

Yesterday I ran at 7:00 p.m. with my brother in the Blasco park. As We are racing on Sunday, We took it easy. I felt like crap despite having rested on Thursday, The DOMS from the 200m sprint from Wednesday workout, was affecting me today, I hope that it does not interfere with my race, it was a mistake to push that fast/hard on that last repeat, but what you can do.

I did 8 laps in the Blasco park, my brother did 5.5 laps, as soon as He stopped, I increased the pace a bit while keeping the effort easy to see if I could feel better, that worked, I felt pretty good in the last 2.5 laps. First lap was 6:04, never looked at the watch again till the end, finished the 8 laps (7.2k) in 46:08.  Weather was a bit hot, but ok! A bit tired from work!

Today I ran at 9:25 a.m. by myself in the Blasco park. The plan was to do 6 laps very easy, so 5.4k or so to shake out the legs for tomorrow`s race. Started out feeling a bit tired, but felt better and better and at the end felt pretty good.

First lap was 5:51, then never looked at the watch again till the end of 6 laps, however, after 6 laps, I decided to keep running to home for a couple of more mins, so total time for today`s run was 36:32 for 5.7k or so.

6 laps (5.4k) were completed in 34:35, so I pretty much kept at the same pace throughout the whole run, but I felt better and better as the run went by. Weather was hot, but pretty good!
I hope to be ready for tomorrow`s race, my brother is racing so that should be a good battle between us, I suspect that He is in much better shape than in his previous races, We will see!

Have a great Saturday!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario