jueves, 13 de junio de 2019

Intervals : 2 x 1600m, 2 x 800m, 1 x 200m

Yesterday after work, I ran with my brother in the Turia Park. I had zero motivation to do this workout after a long day at work, but you have to do what you have to do, no matter what. I thought that I was going to be very flat today as the previous couple of days, but was the total opposite.

I met with my brother at 7:00 p.m. and started the warm up at 7:20 p.m. or so , so the normal 15 mins easy incorporating 5 x 50m acceleration strides. The plan for today`s intervals was 2 x 1600m, 2 x 800m and 1 x 200m (with half distance recovery between repeats, so 800m between 1600m , 400m between 800s) or 1600,800,1600,800, We opted for the former to get rid of the 1600m repeats up front.

The idea was to do the workout whatever the results was, the important thing was the stimulus. I was hoping to feel terrible anyway, so that was the best plan that I could come up with.

In the warm up I felt pretty good, and I knew that it was going to be a good day. The first 1600m repeat was very slow, but also the effort was not that hard, so that was big news. I felt better and better as the workout progressed, I felt great at the end, was surprised with how well I felt. Compared to the last couple of weeks this was a success. I had doubts of running Sunday`s 5200m race, but after this workout I registered for the race as soon as I got home. My brother did an awesome job as well, He ran slower than me, but He was also holding back a lot, so this was a success for both of us. In the second 1600 repeat I felt pretty good and I mustered my fastest 1600 repeat in years.

Splits were : 2 x 1600m@7:16, 6:48/ 2 x 800m@ 3:21, 3:09/ 1 x 200m@37.00.

The second 800m repeat was pretty solid as well and felt pretty strong, legs never went anaerobic and breathing was pretty good. In the 200s I did it with my brother and We were running head to head in the first 100m, but in the second 100m I raced him and ran as hard as I could, thought that I was going to be very sore on Thursday (I type this on Thursday), but that was not the case, I feel very good! This was a overnight change since the last couple of days I have been feeling very tired and even on workouts I have been feeling more tired than last cycle, it seems that I am getting used to the intensity again.

For cool down did 1.7k or so easy talking with my brother. Around 11.4k total.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario