jueves, 27 de junio de 2019

Yesterday`s intervals: 1 x 1600m, 3 x 1000m, 1 x 400m

YesterdayI had planned my intervals, but as lately I was expecting to feel flat, so its something that I am getting familiar with, since almost all my runs after work are runs that I run flat (too sluggish).

The plan for today was 1 x 1600m, 3 x 1000m and 1 x 400m to complete 5k worth of fast running , all with half distance recovery, so 800m after the mile, 500m easy after the 1000s.

My brother would do an abbreviated version of that workout since He is racing a 8k this Saturday, I decided to skip it.

We ran after work at 7:20 p.m. or so We started the warm up in the Turia park. I warmed up 15 mins easy incorporating 5 x 50m strides, luckily I did not feel flat and felt pretty good, so I knew that the workout would be decent. The heat has been strong lately, so I took that factor into consideration if the times were pretty slow, no excuses though I would run at an honest effort, as always.

The 1600m felt pretty fast, but I felt pretty good cardiovasculary, but I felt like running fast in the turnover, My brother and I ran 7:06 for the 1600m which I was a bit dissapointed, but as I said, felt good in the breathing, that is the exact same pace that averaged in my last race (5.2k).

Then the 3 x 1k, were progressively faster, but it got harder and harder. 1st 1000m was 4:15, 2nd 1000m in 4:13 and in the halfway of this repeat my legs started to feel really heavy and I got really tired, but I had 1 x 1000m and 1 x 400m left to do. My brother called it a day after the second 1k repeat, He said He was very tired and wanted to save something for the race.

3rd 1k repeat, I decided to red line a bit, but my legs were dead, the effort was there, but my legs would not cooperate, nonetheless, I finished that last 1k repeat in 3:59, which is my fastest 1000m repeats in more than 8 years, I finally could break 4 mins in a 1k repeat, so it seems that I am improving, now I hope to do it more often. Then recovered 500m with the legs friend wondering How I could finish the 400m repeat.

It was not so bad, once I started running fast again I felt good, and did not dig deep in that repeat, just kept good form and move my legs fast and finished that 400m in 1:28, which I am very satisfied with. Then walked 100m and started my cool down with my brother.

Cooled down 12 mins, around 1.7k+. Was very sweated at the end, but felt pretty good and happy with the results. I would like that the opening mile was faster, but I always start pretty slow. Around 11.3k total for the day , finished the workout at almost 9 p.m. and the sun was shining hard.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario