domingo, 30 de junio de 2019

Morning "Long run"

oday I ran after waking up in the morning (fasted), I met my brother at 9:30 a.m. to start our "long run" at 9:40 a.m. or so. He wanted to do it in the evening, but something can get in the way in the afternoon, so its best to get it out of the way early.

The plan was to do 80 mins at an easy pace, so around 12.5-12.8k total at a very easy pace for us. We ran in the Turia park and the pace was especially easy since my brother raced last night and the first few kms were 6:30-6:40s per km pace, I did a tempo workout yesterday, so I needed this day easy. However in the last 20 mins of the run I increased pace a bit to 6:00 per km pace, which is pretty easy, but a bit more fluent than the 6:20s that We had been running in the previous kms.

The heat was strong but manageable, finished feeling pretty strong and I felt that I did not breath in the whole run, maybe the effort was too low, but still aerobic. This was more of a recovery run though.

The half marathon that I was going to race in October, The Valencia half marathon, Registration is closed, so I could not register, 4 months before the race, thats cool! so right now I dont have a goal race, My brother told me that there is another half marathon on October, but its much less famous than the Valencia half marathon that a lot of people throghtout the world are running. The half marathon that He was refering to was a low key half marathon in a town called Alzira. I will see if I run that, if not then I will have to continue running 5-10ks.

Good week of training! Around 57 kms this week and 6 days of running as usual!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario