sábado, 22 de junio de 2019

Morning 5k tempo in 23:25 +2 x 200m in 40 seconds each one

Today I did the tempo run with my brother at 9:00 a.m I started from home to start the warm up and finish the warm up in the Turia park. I warmed up 16 mins including 5 x 50m or so acceleration strides. After I warmed up I had to wait for around 15 mins for my brother because He wanted to go to the bathroom. Anyway, after that We were ready for the tempo.

The plan for me today was to try to run near the times that I have been running in tempos, but feeling much better, since past weeks no way I could sustain that pace for 10k. But those tempos that I had done were on tired legs. Today I was somewhat fresh because I did not give 100% in the 400m intervals from Wednesday.

I started at a good effort, but the pace felt faster than it was really was, I was ahead of my brother from the 200m, so I thought that I was running 4:30s for the 1st km, as soon as I looked at the watch and it read 4:50, I was very surprised because of the slow pace. I inmediately increased my pace, I felt really easy, so increasing pace was not a problem, however, I did not increase it the way I wanted to, because the 2nd km was in 4:40 (9:30), I was expecting better, but I felt good and I knew that I could sustain that pace till end no problem, but the turnover felt fast, although the effort felt pretty good the whole way. Halfway came in 11:51 (2:21 for that 500m), I lost 2-3 seconds in the turn around point, my brother came in 12:00 in the halfway. Then I tried to maintain that same pace or a bit faster till the end, 3 km came in 14:14 (4:44 for that km), I felt dissapointed for that split, but I was feeling good, so that was the most important thing. Tried to kept 4:40 for the last 2k, however, in the last 1.8k or so I looked back and my brother came very close and I knew He was going to pass me, He passed with about 1.3k to go, 4 km came in 18:52, so 4:38 for that km, felt fast, but effort wise felt good and controlled, with 1k to go We were running head to head, but as per the breathing I was breathing much more controlled than him, He was huffing and puffing and I was fairly relaxed, anyway, when We hit the last 450m He put a surge and finished the 5k in 23:19, I finished in 23:25, finishing the last km in 4:33 which I am very satisfied with. two halves were in 11:51 and 11:33 and felt much better than in the last 2 tempos. After the 5k tempo, I recovered 400m jogging easy and then did 2 x 200m in 40.3 secs and 40.6 secs and those felt slow, but I was pleasantly surprised with the fast splits of the 200m, I have gotten faster, but I have to increase a lot my LT to improve my times at longer events, those 200m felt slow today.

For cool down We did 12 mins, but my pace was faster than my brother`s so I did around 1.8k for cool down.

I felt really good in this workout, I wish it turned out faster, but I am very happy with the way I felt today, maybe I will do another tempo of 5k before ramping up to 6k. Too hot today, but it did not seem to affect our performance.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario