martes, 26 de junio de 2012

Angry dawn run

Yesterday was a rest day. This morning was up at 5:30 a.m. , took my girlfriend and I started the run in the mirador park at 6:30 a.m. This morning I woke up pissed off without particular reason, maybe because I am very dissapointed for my country and for its lack of development, so I started the run faster than my easy pace, put the watch on time of day but when I was in the 1 mile mark I switched to the chrono and was 8:38 so I decided to just do sub 50 mins in the 10k and if it was tiring push even more, 2k in 10:35, then started to take splits the next kms, the following kms were in 4:54,4:54,4:52( 25:16 halfway feeling pretty good),4:54,4:54,4:55,4:57,4:47 to finish in 49:46 pace with second half in 24:30, felt very good and breathing was well under control, the last 2kms I was a bit tired , rised the splits a bit, but in the last km felt better and push it home, not even close to all out. It was a good effort today, dont remember the last time I did sub 50 mins in training, pace felt under control and felt much more focused and feel that the run passed by more quicky than when I run at my easy pace of 9 min miles. The weather was good, with a bit of downpour at times. At the end felt much better and not pissed off anymore, I left it all the anger in the run and when I struggle I put my head up and sped up instead of slowing down, it seems that I am not in that bad shape!! oh well!! We are allowed to run faster than easy sometimes in the base building. Legs felt very fresh and just locked into the pace like a robot!! Nice steady state run! Happy Tuesday!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario