jueves, 13 de abril de 2017

Progressive tempo run

Last week I ran 5 times per week,  and that is the consistency I am seeking. I rested on Monday, but on Tuesday morning I went out with my father to the conservatory at 5:47 a.m., I was leading the run, but in the halfway of the first lap, my father passed me and started to build a bigger lap with each passing lap.

In the last lap I tried to bridge the gap, and tried to help myself in the last 1.2 on the way home, but I could not catch him, of course I was running confortable and only sped up in the last 500m of the run, but the weather felt so good, that the pace was faster than it felt.

I fnished the 7.5k in 45:;05, and my father in 44:20-44:25.

Wednesday took the day off. I experienced a strong headache on Tuesday, I think that was becasue I woke up very early.

Thursday  (Today) I worked till 1 p.m., I am on vacation till May 5th, so I had to leave things ready. I downed a medium beer with a couple of coworkers, and then We parted ways. I ran today at 6:30 p.m., since We are on easter, few cars on the street.

I ran easy and did a couple of easy laps in the conservatory, and then I decided to just do 3 laps (3k) at 5:20 per km pace, and see how that pace felt effortwise, actual splits for the 3 laps were 5:16,5:12,5:03. But I felt way more tired than I should, then started my cool down home and did 2 x 15 seconds strides in the last 500m to loosen up the legs just a bit.
Total time for 7.5k today was around 43:35. Got to the conservatory in 7:40 and the first warm up laps were 6:18,6:10, before turning on the "jets".

I see that I have lost a lot of fitness, it could be a combination of me gaining weight, and neglecting stress workouts, but its good to be back doing mini stress workouts, that is what build your fitness.

Have a happy easter! See you on the roads tomorrow morning!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario