sábado, 1 de abril de 2017

Amost another week off

I had not run since Sunday. On Sunday morning  I went out to the mirador with my father and did 8k, I felt good on the first half, but on the half back did not feel good. First half was in 22:26, the back half in 22:55, I surprised with that time becasue I pretty much ran the second half way slower effortwise than the first half, it has a big downhill though. Finished the 8k in 45:21, pretty close to what I run 2-3 weeks ago.

Then From Monday till Saturday I did not run, because I got sick and I dont run sick, I got the flu, even today I have the remainings of the flu, but nothing below the shoulder so I was good to go. So today I was back at it, and I dont plan to take such breaks, because the idea is to build fitness, not to lose it.

Today at 7:35 a.m. or so after going to bed at 1:30 a.m. I was drinking a beer with my uncle and dad, (they were drinking rum), but my eyes were open before 6:40 a.m. but I hate to go to bed that late, I was tired from work and the beer relaxed me a lot and put me in a sleepy state.

We went to the conservatory, but was ahead of my father before the big uphill 500m within the run, at that point I know that is not a good day for my father, because I usually catch my father well ahead of the bighill, so after We climbed the hill, I was basically runing by my own for the rest of the run.

Got to the conservatory in 7:37, then did 3 laps in 6:18,6:07,6:02, then back home in 6:47, to finish up 5.5k in 33:20. I did never look at the watch during the run, so I thought I was running slower when I saw that time. Felt better as the run went by, when I woke up I had a headache, I think it was not a hangover, because the amount of alcohol that I took, was not that much to experience a hangover and I already know when to stop. Anyway, the run helped to clean my head and feel much better afterwards.

My father finished in 35:04. Happy to have run once again, I decided to took it easy today as opposed to going with the flow the past Saturday, tomorrow is going to be another easy run, I just want to get back into the swings of things.

Have a great weekend!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario