jueves, 20 de abril de 2017

Tempo run Failed

Today I ran at 5:50 p.m. or so, I wanted to do a tempo run of 4 laps in the conservatory at 5:20 per lap/km. That sounded very managable for me, heck I have run 7.5k a that pace a couple of months ago.

The day was rainy, but it was pretty hot, I warmed up to the conservatory, did 1 lap easy, and then started the tempo run, after the first lap I was huffing and puffing a lot, and it was difficult to maintain pace, first lap came in 5:22, I continued on and the breathing became more noticeable as workout progressed, after the second lap in 5:16, but with the left quad burned out, I decided to just quit the workout, complete the remaining 2 laps easy and head home for a cool down.

I felt like I was running sub 5 min per km, the effort was high and my breathing could tell it, I tried, but I failed, on to the next one.

46:57 for 7.5k.

Have a great Thursday!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario