miércoles, 25 de julio de 2012

Dawn to the conservatory

This morning was up at 5:15 a.m., out the door alone at 6:15 a.m. to the conservatory, did the exact route and distance than yesterday, 7 laps in the conservatory and back home. I did the 9.53k in 54:50, almost the same as yesterday but a bit faster, and today felt much better. The weather was good also. Today I wanted to do a threshold run of 5k in 23:30 or so, but I was afraid to do it because of my left calf and shin, when I started it did not hurt but the tightness was there so played it safe. I want to start doing workouts again and to work on all systems, I am a believer of base training, but I also think that doing workouts all year round( of course at a moderate effort at the beginning of year) is good to avoid neglecting a system( threshold, v02, etc). After all, We have fun racing and We are not olympians that need to be in perfect shape to a very specific race. I wont start doing v02 max till my left calf and shin loosen up!! Have a great day!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario