domingo, 8 de marzo de 2015

Catching up

On Thursday I did not get my run in because I had a commitment after work and could not run (ha! I could have gotten my run in in the predawn but did not happen).

On Friday after work I got to the conservatory at 7:00 p.m.  and did 40 mins there, the plan was to do 45 mins, but in around 39 mins a strong stich in the somatch hit me up and I had to call it a day. Did 5 laps there in 6:12,6:14,6:23,6:03,5:51. In lap 2 and 3 I was just encouraging a woman that was huffing and puffing and I did not want to run alone, anway in the 4th lap She stayed back and never say her again, so I sped up to my normal pace( hence the increase in speed), felt very confortable there. The thing that really was not that confortable was that I had to stop suddenly due to the stitch.

On Saturday I could not run in the afternoon and in the morning did not wake up .

Today  I decided to run in the morning since I am visiting a friend´s house today. At 8:45 a.m. I headed out to the conservatory and got there in 7:27 feeling pretty strong and confortable, then in the first lap that was 6:00 I caught a master runner that I did not know but He was dressing like a runner and had a Public marathon shirt so I assummed that it was a legal runner( not a wanna be lol), He wanted to compete because when I passed him, He passed me back and We remained that way till the half of the last lap, I did 5 laps there in 6:00,5:48,5:37,5:26,5:19, as you can see in the splits that guy was really running faster each lap since I kind of sitted back 10-20m back, in the last lap I tried to be more aggresive, but He was speeding , but a friend of his started talking to him and He did not understood so He turned back to listen what the other friend had to say, in that moment I did my pass, and that was the last lap, when I headed out the conservatory I took a glance  and He was around 50m back so He really did an effort to keep the gap in all those laps, I was just kind of cruising, but if He kept increasing that pace, I would likely huff and puff myself lol, anyways!! those paces are easy paces and will take you anywhere during races, but thats all I have got for now. 7.5k total in 42:36.

The last 3 weeks I have runs 4 times per week which is good for general fitness, but wont take me anywhere in terms of racing times. I really enjoyed today´s, Its hard to run alone running in circles( well not that circle), that little competition really make time go faster,

Thre is a 5k in 2 months( the day before Gatorade 10k) that I want to perform well in, but I want to run the 10k as well, We will see!! I need to start adding faster stuff to my training and luckily increase the frecuency to 6 times per week of running.

Have a great Sunday everyone!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario