sábado, 22 de agosto de 2015

Good end to the week

Today I ran early!!

A lot of time without running in the morning, but I ll watch a 10k race this evening, so I forced myself to get out there early. I have realized that when I am consistent with my running, I start to feel better , more confident, more positive, and can eat a bit more without feeling guilty.

Today I headed out without a watch to the conservatory with my father just before 7:00 a.m.My father is recovering from a tendonitis and He ran 2 miles for the first time in two months! I gapped him after 400s or so and never looked back. Did 5 laps and a bit more today at a very easy pace because I was very tired from the get go. I am not used to do my runs 12 hours apart, so when I do that I just feel very tired in the second run.

I ll try something this time around , to only wear a watch 3 times per week and ran without a watch 3 times per week. In the past I thought that I had to pick and choose between the two, but I think both have their place in training. In days like today you dont need a watch to tell you you are slugging and running very slow, the body is just telling so, and to pay attention to a watch and speed up when you are feeling run down its a recipe for disaster. Likewise, if you want to do a faster run or intervals and you want to hit a certain pace, the watch can be useful.

But in racing I dont recommend it, as you might know, I dont wear watch in races, sometimes I run bad and sometimes I run good. But I think that when you pay attention to the body you cant go wrong because you are giving your best on the given day.

6.5k watchless.

6 runs this week and I feel very happy about it. I ll rest till Monday for a new week of training and an increased week hopefully, but for me the most important thing is to run 6 times per week for a lot of weeks/months to really capitalize fitness and get in decent shape by December.

Have a great weekend and dont drink too much!!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario