domingo, 1 de abril de 2018

Finishing the week with 6 runs

Yesterday I was ready for  a harder effort since I had been running easy for the past days. I wanted to run an aerobic threshold run, which means faster tan easy pace, but not over the top.  At 11:30 a.m. Thats what I did, but I think that I exceed myself, since in the first 10 mins, my legs felt with lactic acid already. I took the first 200-300 to ease back into the rythm, but I did not start easy ( at least for me). When I got to the Templo de Debod, huffing and puffing, I knew that it was not goint to be an easy tempo. Thats why you run easy on easy days, so on Hard days you can run hard right?

I focused on breathing and maintaining my effort/pace. Sincé I am not wearing a watch I did this entirely by effort. The hill hit in the head, but once I got to the top I relaxed as much as I could, but without easing the pace. I got back to Guadalupe feeling tired, but good. I think it was a good tempo. I dont know the time, but what really matters is effort that was put in. I did around 2 mins for cooldown to finish my run in around 31-32 mins (who knows?), then walked like 1k to get the blood flowing.

However, I had been running without a watch for 3 months, but its time to start tracking time again. Especially for those hard workouts to see if my time is improving given the effort. I was going to fix my timex, but its in bad condition, its 7 years old already, so I did not bought the batteries, I decided to go to Decathlon which is a sport store and bought a 10 Euros$ watch, which only record one Split. But I think that will serve me pretty well, because I am training basically by time, and if I do some distance repeats some time, I ll have to memorize the splits, no big deal. Most important thing is to run by effort and that the time refers to the effort that you are put in, not hte other way around where you put a time goal despite how your body feels.

Today at 11:30 a.m. I tested the watch and was not as tired as I thought it would be, I thought that I was going to be very sore, but I was not. However, I ran pretty easy to day to absorb yesterday`s harder effort. I checked at my watch at several points to see where I was at. First check was 13:46, which is when I get int to the tempo de Debod, 17:23 in the halfway point, where I felt easy and relaxed. Then continued running by feel and easy till I got to Guadalupe in 34:01, then did 200m out and back which was my previous route before adding the additional km. I crossed again Guadalupe in 36:03, but then went to Ciudad Unversitaria and back, which my guess was that I was running that route in 40-41 mins, today I timed that route for the first time and did 42:12. Felt pretty good and the weather was good also, around 10 Degrees.

As I said I ll continue timing my runs, but with the focus on feel instead of splits. The watch will be only a tool of training. But the Racing will remain watchless!

6 runs this week and two harder runs, I am generally running 5 times per week, but since this week was off from college, do to easter week, I have to take advantage of it, because on Tuesday We start clases again.

Have a great Sunday!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario