domingo, 8 de abril de 2018

Tempo run despite getting sick

Yesterday  I took the day off, because my brother came here to visit, We spent the day walking up and down in Madrid. He left at 9:00 p.m.

Yesterday it was raining at times and the wind was hard, that rain caught up at times so last night I started getting the flu simptons, sore throal and a bit of congestion and I was sure that I ll wake up sick today.

I got up with a sore throat and with a congestion, but felt better as the morning progressed, ate breakfast and slept a bit and at 12:15 p.m. I decided to get my run in despite getting sick, the plan was to abort my planned tempo run and just run easy. The weather was sunny so no more rain today.

After running easy for 200m I was not feeling bad, so I decided to increase pace to tempo effort and do the tempo. Tried to keep the tempo under control, but got advantage of the flat terrain and controlled on the uphills. The first half came in 15:24, I honestly thought that I was running faster, but it is what it is. In the second half did the same, tried speed up when I could so that in the big hill I could run it very controlled as I was very tired by then. After the hill I just tried to maintain my effort till the end which was tough , I felt very tired by then, but the pace felt under control. In the final 200m I tried to speed up but never a sprint since this is a tempo, not a race.

Finished in 29:55. Was very surprised, thought that I could negative Split the thing, but not enough to run sub 30 mins, second half was in 14:31, which is fast. But the second half is always faster eventhough I have to run the big hill there, but I have a couple of downhills there, plus I am 100% warmed up in the second half. Then did 2 mins of cool down.

I am happy with the effort put in, felt that to run sub 29 mins it will be a very hard effort, but I ll keep doing these and see if I can progress. Next few days will be easy to recover and then stressing again.

In regards to the flu I am feeling pretty good, I dont feel congested anymore and the throat is behaving, We will see how I wake up tomorrow!!

5 runs this week, which is always the goal!

Have a great Sunday!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario