jueves, 12 de abril de 2018

Interval workout

I rested for the last 2 days. On Tuesday I had to rest because it rained the whole rain, so I took the day off. On Wednesday I took the day off from running because, I had to be early at college for a seminar and in the evening, another seminar. I could have run very early, but I decided to take the day off as well, so that I could be totally recovered for today`s sesión. I ran today at 11:xx a.m.

I had planned for today to do after a warm up, 4 x 2 mins at a hard effort with 2 mins easy jogging in between. Before the run, I was hesitant to do it, made stories inside my head on why I had to run easy instead, but I toughed it out and after a 16 mins warm up of easy running, I started my planned sesión, I decided to start conservately and ease up into pace as the sesión went on. I crossed the halfway in 17:02.

I think that the pace was not that fast, but the effort was there, I was Smart enough to negative Split the workout, but it was harder tan I thought, After the final repeat I had to stop for a min or so to catch my breath, I was very tired at that point. After that cooled down, Crossing in Gudalupe in 31:49, so the second half was in 14:47, not bad for jogging in between repeats very easy, and the pace not being so fast. Then I decided to continue to finish my new bread and butter route and finished the route and the run in 40:22.

I feel good because I did the workout instead of what my mind was telling me, my body was very recovered today, so no need to run easy again. The next few days will be easy before another harder run, and I ll try to train that way to mix things up and to improve my fitness.  Almost 7k for the day I think!!

Having rested for 2 days means that I will have to run the remaining days of the week to accomplish the goal of 5 times per week of running.

Have a great Thursday!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario