lunes, 30 de abril de 2018

Longest run in a while

I rested yesterday, because I managed the time irroneously, but luckily I had run 5 times the past week, but I really wanted to run a 6th day. Oh well!

Given that I ran easy on Saturday and Rested yesterday I wanted to do a longer run today, I wanted to do 1 hour of running which is a long run for me, because I have not run that long in 1+ years. So that was the plan, to run at my normal pace and add 17+ mins to my run.

I headed out at an easy pace wearing my windbreaker and my hat, yes! the temperatura went down again, I ran today in 7 degrees Celsius with a lot of wind at the beginning. My hands were very cold in the first 8 mins.

I crossed the halfway of my basic route in 17:33, I thought that I was going faster because I felt fresh, but I felt really good, then I felt better and better and increased the pace a bit. Got back to Guadalupe in 34:38, then did the extra km to cross my what had been my longest route here in Spain in 42:59, then I turned around and started the route as if I had started to run again. Was going to run 8:30 and 8:30 back to complete the hour. However, I decided to run until the intersection ( when I came back from my sicknesss and I was doing 20 mins runs, this was the route I did today, for my final 20 mins), which I ran it in 10:08, much faster tan the 10:30s that I run it the first time when i am running the normal route,then turned around and  I was feeling pretty good and loose, so I decided to push a bit the big uphill ( this is the first time that I run that hill twice in a single run) and carried that momentum to the finish. My final time was 62:57 and I felt pretty good. I could have gone longer, but the joints maybe were not ready for it just yet. The back half of the last 20 mins was in 9:50, so the route that I did when I was sick I did it today in 19:58.

I think the weather helped a ton, because I felt really good and strong. The mind was strong. I ll try to ramp up Little by Little so in a month or so, I am doing my normal route twice in a single run.

Have a great start to the week!

I forgot to mention that yesterday I break my PR in eating pizza, I ate 10 slices, but I felt bad afterwards, but that helped maybe here with the carbs, ha. I have another birthday to attend today, but I ll cut that to 4-5 slices, no need to eat that much. I just did that yesterday to break my PR, which was 8 slices from around 2006.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario