sábado, 16 de febrero de 2019

90 mins Long run in the harbor with my brother

Today in the morning at 11:00 a.m. I did my long run with my brother in our usual route which is in the harbor. For today We ramp up our long run till 90 mins, instead of 80 mins, which has been my longest run in the last 8 years or so. So today I wanted to break that mental barrier and eventually I want to get to 2 hours + of running, that was the piece of the puzzle that I missed when I ran my PR`S, my longest run was 16k which is a good distance, but what would happen if I eventually double that distance, after all they say that they improve at all distances training for a marathon.

Anyway, I was a bit tired from last evening`s tempos and I was a bit worried that it might affect today`s long run. We started slow and a bit tired, but after 10 mins I was warmed up and felt pretty good, cross the turn around in 29:26, and got back in 57:41 so We sped up a lot in the second half of the first part of the run, it was not on purpose though and I never forced the pace. After the 60 mins I had to focus very well, I was feeling pretty good physically, but mentally I was getting tired, because I had not run 90 mins in several years. After the 60 mins, my brother started to gap me and built a gap of 50 seconds or so till the end. I decided to remain at the same pace and keep the same easy effort. For the second part of the run, We did the same route but We turned around way sooner at Pans Company and back, then I had 1:27:39 and completed the 90 mins nearby.

Felt pretty strong at the end, but was very thirsty and very glad to have finished.It was all mental, my brother felt pretty good as well. He is in pretty good shape, and even more since He works full time and I am not at the moment.

Anyway, Nice run and great to have run 90 mins again after all these years. Total distance was around 14.2k according to my brother`s GPS.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario