martes, 5 de febrero de 2019

Evening interval workout

Today I had planned an interval session. I did it in the evening at 7:00 p.m. because my brother was doing a 3k time trial and We could work together at least in the first half of his time trial and in the first repeat that would 1600m for me.

The plan for today was 1600m, 3 x 800m and if I felt good at the end of those, throw in 2 x 200m. 800m recovery after the 1600m, 400m recovery between the 800m and 200m recovery between the 200m repeats. So pretty basic interval training.

I ate at 1 p.m. pasta with pork and spinach, that is one of the few dishes that I eat since I basically eat the same thing everyday. At 5 p.m. I ate a slide of whole wheat bread with peanut butter, so that it would give me energy for my workout and avoid to do the workout starving, the bread and peanut butter have worked quiet well for me.

When I left the house I was feeling down due to personal issues, but I was going to do the workout anyway.

So I met my brother at 7 p.m. in the Turia park and We warmed up for 15 mins, and I incoporated 5 x 50m (or so) strides to loosen up my legs, I felt pretty good and We started, since my brother was doing a time trial He went out fast, I let him take the lead since I want to finish my session, ha. I was a couple of steps behind and saw the first 200m in 51 secs or so, so it was too fast, but I was not going to check the watch again till the end of the repeat, so I ran basically by effort after that, after the 1k mark I felt good and my brother started to slow down, so I took the lead and was feeling pretty good, I almost do the damn time trial with him, but then I decided to do my own thing, because training is for training and those time trials effort in my opinion are better saved for races. Anyway, 1600m came in 6:57, I was very surprised because I have not seen a time like that in years and I felt pretty good, that was way better than the last mile interval repeat that I did , which was 7:08 and today it felt easier (much better weather today and had the company of my brother though).

After the 1600m repeats I jogged 800m easy and was ready for my 3 x 800m, which were in 3:25,3:18,3:16. Jogged 400m between repeats. Never looked at the watch during those repeats (only the first 200m of the first one in 51secs). Felt pretty good on those, better as the workout progressed, and again I was shocked by the splits. In my last 800m intervals I did 3:20 for the last repeat, but it felt like a sprint, today it was fast but very controlable and the breathing was fast but not a sinphony. Anyway, I ll take it.

When I finished the 800m repeats (4k worth of fast running up to that point), I decided to do 2 x 200m with 200m jog recovery, fast but without losing the form. Did 43,43.

Rested for 1 mins, talking without my brother about his time trial, He did pretty well in 13:24, but I told him that He slowed down a lot in the second half, because He was close when I hit the 1600m repeat and I was going at a pace close to 13 mins, so He fade a lot in the second half. I told him my splits and He was very surprised, I just told him that I am very far from my 20:32 5k PR, ha.

After that I cooled down easy to home for a total of 16:44. Did around 10.7k total or so. Felt pretty good, the weather was pretty good around 14 celsius. My "down feeling" when I left home dissapeared as soon as I started this workout! Running is a therapy!

Have a great Tuesday!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario