martes, 19 de febrero de 2019

Intervals: 1000m repeats with 400m recovery

Today I did intervals with my brother at 6:40 pm in the Turia Park. The plan for today was to do 4 x 1000m at 4:30 per km with 400m recovery, I generally rest 500m or so, but my brother recover 400m so I just did that so We could do the workout together. The reason to the repeats at that pace is because We are racing a 5k on Sunday, and I want to get there fresh, We are famous to leave the race in the workouts, so that has to change, I holded back today except for the last one where I excedeed myself and I regreted afterwards.

We warmed up 15 mins easy incorporating 5 x 50m strides to loosen up. The 1st repeat started out pretty slow, when I saw 2:18 in the first 500m I sped up because that was too slow and I did not want to run over 4:30, I finished the first one in 4:29.

The second one started a bit too fast in the first 200m so I eased back a bit, crossed the 500m in 2:16, then tried to speed up a bit while at the same time keeping the same effort, finished in 4:29 as well.

I was feeling pretty good at that point. The 3rd one, I did not look at the watch and I ran over 1000m, I listened when my brother stopped his watch and I asked him, We are done? He said yes! I stopped in 4:29, but it was more like 4:26-4:27 since I stopped the watch late.

I felt pretty good at that point and very controlled. The last one started and after 200m I started to speed up alot, but then I eased back and tried to stay fast but relaxed, this one felt like I was working hard and finished in 4:04. I had to look at the watch several times because I could not believe that I ran that fast. That was the reason that the last one felt so hard. Pretty happy with the effort today, but in the last one I think that I ran it too fast. The weather was pretty good. My brother did a good job too. He said that He felt pretty good and is ready to rock and roll on Sunday, its going to be a good battle between us.

For cooldown We headed home running, it took me 17:20 to get to my home, so I did around 10k total. Good day for a workout!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario