sábado, 2 de febrero de 2019

Morning "Long" Run with my brother in the harbor

Today I met my brother at 10:40 am in the meeting point and then We walked to the harbor to do our " Long run" there. We started at around 11 am and it was very sunny, I found that it was hot and wanted to take off my windbreaker. The plan for today was 80 mins of easy running.

We started the run very easy as We were tired from last evening`s tempo workout. After 20 mins I started to loosen up, but kept the pace very easy overall. When We had 70 mins, I decided to do 6 x 20 seconds strides with 70 seconds jog recovery in between. I felt pretty slow and heavy on these, I must be tired from yesterday. Nonetheless, those strides helped to loosen up a bit. I was happy to have run 80 mins, did not run for that long since November, so another long run of 80 mins and then We have to keep ramping up the distance, since 12k is not a legitime long run, but by now for us it is. My brother did not do strides, He stayed at the same pace, so for that reason I covered a bit more distance than him in the 80 mins.

Feeling good about my training and happy to have run with my brother. After the run I was very thirsty and walked around 30 mins to home. The heat is coming back and next time We will have to carry some money to buy some water post run.

Have a great Saturday!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario