viernes, 8 de febrero de 2019

Tempo run 5k + 2 x 200m

Yesterday was my day off.
Today I had planned my tempo run, so at 6:00 p.m. I met my brother to do our tempo run, its been a lot of fun to do these tempos with my brother, He beated me in the previous one, but today it was not the case, ha.
We warmed up 15 mins easy incorporating 5 x 50m strides to get ready, He likes to do longer strides, but 50m for me its enough.
The plan was a 5k tempo at 24:50s or so, or at least sub 25 mins, plus some 200s afterwards to practice fast running without losing good form.  The tempo started and my brother took the lead, I like to go out slow and let the pace come to me, I glanced at the watch at the 200m and We had 59 secons, right where I wanted to be, and I just wanted to maintain that effort/pace , 1st km was in 5:05, so inmediately I passed my brother and put a surge, because We were going slower than I wanted, as soon as I sped up, but brother knew that We were going slower than planned ( He does not look at his watch during tempos), 2nd km was a bit faster, but still slow in my opinion, 10:06 (5:01 for that km), I felt pretty good and controlled and had several years, after that I took the lead till the halfway point 12:35 (2:29 for that 500m), after I turned around I put a surge and never was caught, I did not even look back, I just put the surge and did  my own business till the end of the tempo, i got carried away and did the final km way too fast, I regreted later, but what can you do. 3 kms came in 14:54 (4:48 for that km), at that point I knew that I was going to run sub 25 mins no problem, with 1 mile to go had 16:49, so I had to do the last 1600 in 8 mins to do the same exact time as last weel, very doable, when I hit  km 4 in 19:41 (4:47 for that km), I really let myself loose in the last km to finish fast, I did not even sprint, but I really pushed the pace on that one. Finished in 24:09, so 4:28 for the last km, was very surprised with that one, because did the last km at my interval pace, it was good practice for fast running when tired, but I regreted later, I should have done in 24:30s-24:40s, but oh well!! My brother did 24:53, but a bit slower than last week, but He told me He did not feel very good. After the 5k tempo, I jogged 400m to catch my breath, and then decided to do 2 x 200m with 200m jog recovery. Did 43 and 42.06. To be honest felt tired during the 200s because I could feel some lactic acid from the tempo, but I could just move my legs just fine and finished feeling pretty good. After my 200s, Did 16 mins easy running for cool down. I did a longer cool down, because my brother did 4 x 200s, instead of 200s, so in the meanwhile I just did extra cooldown, after He finished We cooled down together and talked about the workout.
I did a huge negative split 24:09 (12:35, 11:34), so 61 seconds faster in the second half, I dont remember the last time I did a time like that in 2.5k, anyway, heading the right direction, a lot of work to do. Weather was good, wore my windbreaker but sweated more than necessary, so that means its heating up. Around 10.6k total or so.
Felt good overall and another workouts in the books! Tomorrow early a "long run" in the port.
Have a great Friday!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario