lunes, 4 de febrero de 2019

Brisk late morning easy run

Today I ran at 11:30 a.m. in the Blasco Park , I ate breakfast at around 9 am, my everyday breakfast, a turkey and cheese whole wheat sandwich and a glass of chocolate milk.

The plan for today was to do 8 laps to the Blasco park, so basically the same run as yesterday, but wanted to incorporate 4 x 20 secs strides or so.

The first lap was in 5:31, I felt just fresh and great, so I went with it today, 2nd lap was in 11:00, at that point I knew that I was having great day and although it might affect me in tomorrow`s interval session, I went with it, since not everyday you feel like a million of bucks. After the 2nd lap I decided to keep the same easy effort, but decided to look at the watch every 2 laps to not get very obsessed, the 4 laps came in 21:44 (10:44 for those 2 laps), I was surprised, relaxed a bit since I did not want to turn this into a tempo, but no worries, I just felt easy today, next 2 laps came in 32:34 (10:40 for those 2), at the end of 7th lap I started to do my planned 4 x 20 seconds strides, its an estimate since I did not measure the 20 seconds, I just ran by poles ( I ll do it till the next pole, etc). After I finished the 8 laps in 42:51 (10:17 for those 2 laps) I kept running till complete the 45 mins, but then decided to do another lap, so 9 laps total and the total time was 48:13 for 9 laps (last lap in 5:22). That is my fastest easy run in a long time, to be honest, I was feeling very easy and controlled the whole way, so I doubt that this "faster" easy run will interfere with tomorrow`s workout. Weather was great, around 8 Celsius and felt very fresh and like a million of bucks. One of those days!!

Have a great start to the week!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario