viernes, 12 de abril de 2019

Easy run + 6 x 100m strides

For today I had planned the 8k tempo run, but yesterday I decided to sign in for a Sunday`s 5075m race. It was cheap, so I could not let it pass, after all We train to race. My brother did the tempo alone today and He did 8k in 39:54, so He ran solid.

I ran with him (although not the same workout) in the Turia park, but I only did 8 kms easy incorporating 6 x 100m strides to loosen up the legs. The legs were somewhat tired today, but I am registered and I ll race the best that I can.

I only looked at the watch in the first km (6:46 with the extra 20 secs, so more like 6:26), and then decided not to look at it again and just kept the effort easy, but not recovery pace. Pressed the split button in the  4k and it was 25:03, then at 5k point, I started my 6 x 100m strides which the first couple felt very sluggish and slow, but by the last one could loosen up and finished the run feeling pretty good and loose, so that is a good sign. Finished the 8k and 50m or so in 47:35, so the last 4k were in 22:32, which I was surprised about. Weather was pretty good and although I felt somewhat tired, the legs felt fresh, but quiet like right the day after a workout.

Another easy run tomorrow of around 45-47 mins and then give it all on Sunday.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario